City of Baytown HAP Programs
Down Payment Assistance
Location Served: Baytown, TX
Provider: City of Baytown
To inquire if New American Funding is currently an approved lender for this DPA program, please call (512) 524-8077. This webpage is for information purposes only.
The City of Baytown Homebuyers’ Assistance Program was designed to assist low to moderate-income families in purchasing affordable housing within the Baytown city limits. The program offers qualified borrowers an assistance loan to help pay for the normal closing costs and down payment associated with the purchase of a home.
Homebuyers that qualify for the program could receive up to $4,500 in the form of a deferred loan, secured by a subordinate lien on the property. The funds for the City of Baytown HAP Programs are available through the Community Development Block Grant Program in the form of a five year, forgivable loan. These resources are available to homebuyers at the time of closing. Additionally, the program offers an educational Homebuyers’ Counseling Workshop. The workshop is free and accessible to everyone, is offered every six to eight weeks and is presented by an HUD-approved counseling agency.
All homebuyers that wish to participate in this program must meet the following requirements:
- The borrower is able to acquire mortgage financing from a lender
- The homebuyer is at least eighteen years of age
- All members of the homebuyer’s household are legal residents of the United States
- The applicant must complete a City-approved Homebuyers’ Counseling Workshop
- The homebuyer’s credit and employment stability meet the lender’s guidelines
- No member of the applicant’s household has owned a home in the past three years
- No member of the applicant’s household has previously received assistance through the Homebuyers’ Assistance or Housing Rehabilitation Programs of the City of Baytown
- The chosen property must be a detached, single-family home located within the city limits of Baytown, and not exceed $105,000.
- No member of the applicant’s household may be related to the seller of the property
- The homebuyer’s household annual gross income must not exceed the limits listed in the chart below:
|No. in Household||Annual Maximum Gross Income|
If you have any additional questions regarding home mortgages, please contact a mortgage expert by filling out the form on the right or calling (512) 524-8077. You can also email Team@CandyBuzan.com.