City of Fort Worth Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP)
Down Payment Assistance
Ft. Worth HAP Program
Location Served: Ft. Worth, TX
Provider: City of Ft. Worth
Approved Lender: New American Funding – (512) 524-8077
The City of Fort Worth’s Homebuyer Assistance Program (HAP) offers mortgage assistance to first-time, Fort Worth homebuyers who are income eligible. Those who qualify for the program can receive up to $14,999 in assistance to put towards the purchase of their Fort Worth home. The homebuyer may use the entire subsidy for mortgage assistance or use $3,000 of the $14,999 for closing costs and/or down payment assistance.
To qualify for Fort Worth’s HAP, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The purchased property must be located the city limits of Fort Worth, TX.
- Applicant’s must be first time homebuyers or not have owned a home in the last three years. Displaced homemakers are also eligible.
- The home buyer must use the home as his or her principal / primary residence.
- The applicant’s combined family income cannot exceed 80 percent of Fort Worth’s Area Median Income as established by the Department of Housing Urban Development (HUD).
- The homebuyer must choose a city-approved lender.
- The homebuyer must contribute from their own money the lesser of $1,000 or two percent of the purchase price of the home.
- The home must pass the Housing Quality Standard Inspection (HQS), Environmental Review and Lead Hazard Evaluation conducted by the City of Fort Worth at no cost to the home buyers.
- All home buyers are required to attend a home ownership educational workshop, offered through counseling partner Tarrant County Housing Partnership.
|Household Size||Maximum Income|
If you have any additional questions regarding home mortgages, please contact a mortgage expert by filling out the form on the right or calling (512) 524-8077. You can also email Team@CandyBuzan.com.