City of Galveston DPA Programs
Down Payment Assistance
Location Served: Galveston, TX
Provider: City of Galveston
Approved Lender: New American Funding – (512) 524-8077
First Time Homebuyer Program
Through the City of Galveston’s Homebuyer Asssistance Program (HAP), first-time Galveston homebuyers will receive funding to assist with their down payment, closing costs and gap financing. With the help of the Home Investment Partnership Program, the City of Galveston will be able to provide these eligible residents with $5,000-$14,000 towards their first home.
To qualify for the City of Galveston’s Homebuyer Assistance Program, homebuyers must meet the following requirements:
- Homebuyers must meet the HUD’s income qualifications
- Applicants must be a legal resident/citizen of the United States
- Applicants must have the ability to qualify for a mortgage
- Homebuyers must complete the required eight-hour Homebuyer Education Course
- The purchased property must be located on Galveston Island and meet the minimum property standards
For additional information on the Housing Assistance Program, please contact the Grants and Housing Department at (409) 797-3820.
If you have any additional questions regarding home mortgages, please contact a mortgage expert by filling out the form on the right or calling (512) 524-8077. You can also email Team@CandyBuzan.com.