Tarrant County Housing Finance Corporation
Down Payment Assistance
The Tarrant County Housing Finance Corporation’s (HFC) Bond Program provides eligible homebuyers with down payment and closing cost assistance through a fixed-rate loan. The grant helps homebuyers purchase their home and does not have to be paid back. Tarrant County HFC Bond Program assistance loans are awarded through a participating lender and are only available on a first-come, first-serve basis to qualified applicants.
Two Main Benefits to the Homebuyer:
- 5.05% fixed mortgage rate.
- 3.00% down payment and closing cost assistance grant. For example, on a $100,000 loan amount, home buyers will receive $3,000 in assistance.
To qualify for the Tarrant County Housing Finance Corporation Bond Program, homebuyer must meet the following program requirements:
- The homebuyer is required to purchase a home located within Tarrant County, excluding Keller and Grand Prairie.
- The homebuyer must either be a first time homebuyer or not have owned a home in the past three years. However, homebuyers purchasing a home in a Targeted Area or those who considered Qualified Veterans are exempt from this requirement.
- The homebuyer’s household income (combined income of those individuals executing the Deed of Trust) may not exceed the maximum limits* set by the Program below: $66,000 for 1-2 occupants $75,900 for 3 or more occupants
- The purchase price of the home may not exceed the maximum limits* set by the Program below: $258,691
- *Please Note: Homebuyers purchasing in targeted Areas are allowed higher purchase price and income limits. Ask your participating lender for more information.
- The homebuyer use the purchased property as their principal / primary residence.
- The homebuyer must apply for the Tarrant County HFC Bond Program through a participating Lender.
- Cost for the Tarrant County HFC program is 1.00% Origination Fee and 1.00% Discount Fee, plus normal and customary fees.
- Only FHA, VA and USDA loans are accepted.
- The Tarrant County HFC Bond Program is permitted to be stacked with other city and/or county Down Payment Assistance programs.
To have a participating lender contact you concerning this Program, please email Mary Bert-Koelling at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the homebuyer helpline at 877.983.3792 and provide the following information:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email Address
- Area that you are interested in purchasing a home
Thank you for your interest in the Program.
If you have any additional questions regarding home mortgages, please contact a mortgage expert by filling out the form on the right or calling (512) 524-8077. You can also email Team@CandyBuzan.com.